Identity Theft & Fraud

Report Fraud

Give us a call at
(866) 486-7782
Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. (PT)
Sat-Sun, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (PT)
or download Go-To.


I think I might be a victim of fraud or identity theft. What should I do?


If you suspect that you're the victim of fraud or identity theft, report it immediately by following the steps below.


Email & online fraud

If you receive a deceptive e-mail, such as a message requesting your personal information, forward it to the person or business wrongfully being impersonated. For suspicious emails that say they’re from Umpqua Bank, forward it (as an attachment) to and contact us immediately at (833) 898-0981.


If you encounter a fake website or pop-up window, or if you responded to one of these with personal information, call us right away at (833) 898-0981.


Identity theft

  • Report any fraudulent activity on your Umpqua Bank accounts by calling us at (833) 898-0981.

  • Carefully review all your accounts. Since identity theft takes time to resolve, continue to review all charges and transactions. Report any discrepancies immediately.

  • Contact the major credit bureaus; their fraud departments will track accounts opened in your name. You can request that a "fraud alert" be placed on your credit file, which requires creditors to verify your identity before opening any new accounts in your name or changing existing ones. You only need to contact one bureau to do this—that bureau will notify the others.


Credit bureaus must also provide victims of identity theft with a free copy of their credit report. Request one from each bureau, since the information can differ. Look them over carefully to see if any fraudulent accounts have been opened, and if so, notify the credit bureau and the companies where the accounts were opened to report the fraud directly.


Here’s where you can reach the three major credit bureaus:


Equifax: (800) 525-6285 or
Experian: (888) 397-3742 or
TransUnion: (800) 680-7289 or


  • Contact your other creditors to notify them of potential fraud, and always follow up any phone conversations with a letter. Close any accounts that have been compromised and reopen them with new account numbers and passwords.

  • File a report with the local police if you suspect that your personal information was stolen. A police report will lend weight to your case when dealing with creditors who may require proof of criminal activity.

  • Report the criminal activity to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by calling the toll-free hotline at 1-877-ID THEFT [(877) 438-4338]. You can also enter information about your complaint online at


You may also wish to contact:

  • Postal Inspection Service at If you believe your mail was stolen or redirected, notify the Postal Inspector or Postmaster at your local post office.
  • Social Security Fraud Hotline at (800) 269-0271. If you suspect someone is using your Social Security number for fraudulent purposes, call the hotline.
  • Department of Motor Vehicles office at If you believe someone is trying to get a driver's license or identification card using your name and information, contact your local DMV.